In the early 1900's Carl B. Noelke took over the business from his father. The store, located directly across Main Street in
La Crosse from the seat of the Catholic Diocese of La Crosse, enjoyed continued growth under Carl's steady hand. More and more the Noelke Store became known as Noelke Church Goods.
The store then passed to
Carl Noelke,Jr., Carl's
son. The Carl B. Noelke
Company continued to
grow when, in the early
1960's, the family
passed to Carl's
"Ned" established strong ties to pastoral leaders throughout the Coulee Region, further establishing the
Carl B. Noelke Company as a leader in
service and product .
Today the Carl B. Noelke Company is still in the Noelke family, as it is now owned by
Ned's son, Ed. The store
is still located right where it
started, on Main Street